Here are three interesting facts for you to mull over:
- 84% of consumers trust a business with a website more than businesses only with social media pages.
- 81% of customers research the product online before making a purchase.
- 50 milliseconds. That’s the time website visitors take to form an opinion of your website.
That’s why smart people like you have websites for their businesses. However, what if you’re not seeing conversions? What if the bounce rate keeps getting higher?
That’s when you must hire a website design agency to redesign your website. We’re here to help. In the next five minutes, learn the 5 signs when it’s time for a website redesign:
- When you’re not seeing conversions
- When the website is visually outdated
- When the website is slow and glitchy
- When the website isn’t mobile-friendly
- When the website is hard to navigate
5 signs you need to hire a website design agency to redesign your website
1. The conversion rates are low
If you’re seeing 2% to 5% conversion rates, your website is offering an effective performance. Such a conversion rate leads to higher volumes of qualified leads at lower acquisition costs.
However, if the conversion falls below 2%, the website design can be a possible reason.
Ask yourself if:
- The website is offering expected results
- Both conversions and site visits are down
- Visitors are leaving your website within a couple of seconds
If all the answers are “yes,” go for web design services to redesign the website.
Furthermore, when you’re creating the strategy of the website redesign with the agency, make sure to map out conversion paths. Miss that and you risk making the conversion paths difficult to navigate, manage, and update. If you map the conversion paths right, you can leverage the maps to develop web pages that increase conversion rates even more.
2. The website is visually outdated
Visitors take 50 milliseconds to decide whether they like a website or not. Furthermore, 38% of website visitors quit interacting with a poorly designed website. Reason enough to hire a website design company to redesign your website?
A visually outdated page — one that appears it was last updated in the ’90s — gives off the impression that you never follow current trends. Furthermore, visually outdated websites make visitors trust your site less.
The end result? Website visitors leaving your website.
A general rule of thumb to decide if your website is visually outdated? Check if the website features a confusing navigation process, blogs last written two years ago, and no photos. Furthermore, check if your website features the following:
- Multiple fonts in various sizes
- Multiple colors instead of a consistent color scheme
- Heavy drop shadows
- High use of gradients
If yes, it’s time to google ‘web design services for small businesses.’
3. The website is slow and glitchy
Here are 3 facts for you to ponder over:
- 47% of website visitors expect a webpage to load within two seconds.
- 40% of website visitors abandon and never interact with a website that takes over 3 seconds to load.
- Conversion rates drop by up to 20% for each extra second of website load time.
Furthermore, Google announced in July 2021 that the search engine now judges web pages based on experience. The page experience includes page speed, mobile friendliness, and HTTPS security.
Website redesign helps to improve website load speed. Modern website builders and website themes offer in-built tools that optimize website performance and speed across all devices.
Thus, if your website is slow, it’s time to hire the best web design agency for redesigning the website.
4. The website isn’t mobile-friendly
Mobile-friendly websites offer:
- Faster web page load time.
- Better SEO performance as search engines such as Google judges the search results from a mobile site standpoint instead of desktop sites.
- A streamlined experience across all devices.
- Better flexibility and cost-effectiveness than app development.
- An overall improved user experience. The factor becomes especially essential when you know that poor user experience drives 50% of users to choose your competitors instead.
Thus, if your website isn’t mobile-friendly, hire a startup web design agency to redesign your website.
5. The website is hard to navigate
A survey conducted by Clutch confirmed 94% of website visitors consider easy navigation as the most essential website feature.
Thus, if your website is hard to navigate, visitors will leave the site within seconds. Thus, the bounce rate will increase. The result? Search engines will stop ranking your website on the first page.
Furthermore, your website must be ADA-compliant (Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design). What it means is website visitors who are blind must be able to navigate through your website. Miss that and the site’s search ranking will drop.
Check if your website is hard to navigate through the following ways:
- Run a survey to gather user feedback.
- Check if website visitors can find the information they’re looking for within a couple of clicks.
- Ask a person who knows nothing about your business to spend 30 seconds on the site. Afterward, ask the person if they could decipher what your company does, what products or services you offer, and how anyone can buy from you.
If the answers are negative, redesign the website.
Hiring a website design agency to redesign your website — solve your website traffic issues
1 in 5 businesses confirms the main issue they face is low traffic.
Hiring a website design agency to redesign your website will solve the issue. We hope the knowledge shared in this article will help you make the most out of your website.