The modern traveler is –rightly so – tirelessly demanding. This traveler wants the best service, at the best price, and wants it NOW.
Travel-o-deal has evolved with the demands of the traveler, and so has the Travelodeal experience. In the past, the website was overly focused on transactions from loyal customers, leaving untapped opportunities for engaging a wider audience.
SeekThem has reworked the UX of Travelodeal.com to support the travel-search process of the modern traveler. The new and improved Travelodeal.com inspires, assists, and serves. Because the modern traveler expects and deserves nothing lesser.
The Scope Of
- User Interface
- User Experience
- Iconography and Illustrations
- User Research
- User Testing
- Mobile Web
- User Acceptance Testing
- Conversion optimization
Travelodeal.com redesign posed 3 critical challenges for the SeekThem project team:
- How Do We Inspire The Traveler Who Lands On The Home Page?
- How Do We Offer A Clutter-Free Search Experience, Without Restricting Their Range Of Options?
- How Do We Re-Imagine The Website As A Thoroughly Greased Funnel That Captures Interest, And Then Nurtures It Into Sales.
Our redesign approach was a 3-pronged strategy:
- Develop finely detailed user personas to categorize every type of website visitor
- Visualize ideal user journeys across website pages, based on intent (search, buy, consult)
- Identify and eliminate friction points across existing navigation journeys.
To measure the effectiveness of the redesign, we relied on these 3 KPIs
- Average session duration
- Customer retention rate
The redesigned UX of Travelodeal.com focused on allowing a user to find travel packages of interest within the first 30 seconds of their browsing session. Our team obsessed over customer segments and organized travel deals in groups that reflected the browsing habits of end-users.
A travel website is in the business of selling services. Users rely on their browsing experience as a proxy indicator of service quality. The redesigned website signals the premium positioning of the brand by the force of its aesthetic appeal.
Our designers were meticulous in redesigning the website so as to retain its simplicity while updating its aesthetic value to match the design trends of the 2020s. Post the redesign, we measured the website performance on KPIs and reported:
- 120% increase in average session duration
- 64% reduction in cart abandonment
- 38% improvement in customer retention
They enjoy their work. That’s unbeatable.
Our website was a turn-off. I hated it but never knew how to overhaul it. My experience with design agencies wasn’t great, mostly because I was expected to draw out precisely what I wanted. I wanted a website design agency that would tell me what we ought to do. SeekThem, finally (and thankfully), realized that I couldn’t talk ‘design’. They helped me understand the psychological aspects of their design choices, talked to me in business language, got the job done, and got it done within time and budget. I recommend SeekThem for webmasters who don’t understand design themselves but know it’s crucial.